MIPIM, the world’s biggest property fair, is coming to London, October 15-17th.
MIPIM proudly describes itself as the world’s largest property fair, attracting around 20,000 investors, developers, local authorities, and banks each year.
It usually takes place annually in Cannes, France. This year will see the first MIPIM UK, to be held at London’s Olympia 15-17 October. Billed as ‘the 1st UK property trade show gathering all professionals looking to close deals in the UK property market’ – a gathering of professionals and elites looking to profiteer from UK land and property.
Join affected communities, the Radical Housing Network, the European Action Coalition for the Right to Housing and the City, Defend Council Housing, trade unions and a range of other groups to demand a City for People, not for Profit.
Action planning and prep day: Wednesday 8th October, UCL, 3pm – 8pm
MIPIM UK: 15 – 17 October, Olympia W14 8UX
Opening protest – #blockBoris: Wednesday 15 October from 9am, meeting outside Kensington tube, Oylmpia Way, W14 0NE
Alternative conference Cities for People, Not for Profit: Thursday 16th and Friday 17th until 4pm
Closing protest – Paper round the Houses: Friday 17 October from 5pm,
meeting at Parliament Square, Bring Oyster card for travel in zones 1&2
Who’s involved and why?
What can you do?
- Send us your stories and testimonials about what MIPIM attendees are doing to your area. Contact radicalhousingnetwork [at] gmail [dot] com
- Go along to one of our recording days to record your story on camera – look out for details soon
- Take a photo of yourself holding a message explaining why you oppose MIPIM and share it on social media
- Let us know if you are part of an organisation who would like to register their support for the campaign on the website by emailing radicalhousingnetwork [at] gmail [dot] com
- Get in touch with mipim [at] lists [dot] riseup [dot] net if you would like to be involved in organising
- Print off flyers from the resources section and share them in your area. Let us know if you need higher resolution images.
- Come along! Come to the protests and counter-conference during MIPIM to show your opposition to the sale of our cities and destruction of our communities in the name of profit.